James Swanwick is an Australian-American entrepreneur who owns three successful businesses all designed to help people improve their lives, a former ESPN Sportscenter anchor, a fascinating conversationalist, and a well-rounded self-made man with a big heart.
Our chat ran the gamut. We covered relationships, politics (including Trump!), business, philosophy, self-help courses we recommend (and those we don’t), our thoughts on living in California and Bali, the best ways we’ve found for creating accountability, affirming the truth vs. becoming delusional, how to tailor your communication style for men and women, people’s quest for identity in a post-religious world, and what is (and isn’t) your responsibility.
This was a really fun, wide-ranging discussion.
“I’m trying to avoid the pain of mediocrity, which is the most painful thing for me ever…I have an absolute disdain for knowing what I could be and am not.”
- Maximum Life Summit
- Swanwick Sleep
- The 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge
- Project 90
- @jamesswanwick on Instagram
- The James Swanwick Show Podcast
Other Relevant Links:
- Landmark Forum
- Mark Manson | What’s the Point of Self-Improvement Anyway?
- “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” – Jim Rohn
- Peter Shallard | Commit Action
- Never Eat Alone | Keith Ferrazzi
- Ram Dass
- Tai Lopez
- Tim Ferriss and the 4-Hour Work Week
- Lynne E. Sheridan
P.S. If you liked the show, please leave a review on whichever podcast platform you listened to it on. Positive reviews help others find our work. And if you didn’t like the show, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know why so that we can do better next time. Thanks!